...all things pertaining to the warmth and coziness of home

Tuesday 3 February 2015

Talk on Tuesday

Designed by God

 I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
your works are wonderful, I know that full well.
Psalm 139:14
 

We had a snow day today, Yeah!
That feeling of being able to stay in your pyjamas never gets old.
We got a LOT of snow and wind all day Sunday and into the night.
Lots of large snowdrifts.
Lots of shovelling.
Not me. My husband. I was a good wife though, I cooked him a big breakfast.
 
Did you know that no two snowflakes are alike?
Isn't that amazing?
 
I first shared about this with the young teens three weeks ago.
The topic was based on Psalm 139.
I "happened" to see a couple of pictures of a snowflake at different places
 while I was preparing my lesson.
And then it came to me.
 
God made each of us beautiful and unique.
Just like a snowflake.
While snowflakes are beautiful, they only last for a very short time.
How much more does God care for us.
I just love it when God gives me something unique to share about.
He is so faithful!
 
Have you ever heard of Wilson "Snowflake" Bentley?
Neither had I, until I started searching for images of snowflakes.
The images above were taken by him.
You can read his story here.

Basically, Mr. Bentley was fascinated with the beauty of a snowflake and
was sad that its beauty would not be shared because it disappears so quickly.
As a young boy his mother gave him a microscope for his birthday.
That enabled him to see the uniqueness of the snowflake.
His father later gave him a camera and he was able to capture the images.
 
“Every crystal was a masterpiece of design and no one design was ever repeated. When a snowflake melted, that design was forever lost.”

 
All that snow we got is made up of millions of snowflakes (or snow crystals).
The design of the snowflake is based on the conditions it went through
before it lands. (Whole sermon right there!)
 
I shared this with the ladies as well.
I showed them images from this website.
They were in awe of the beauty of the snowflake.
The hand of God in each one.
Each one of us is so unique to God.
We were designed by Him.


This is the front of the postcard that I gave the ladies.
 
This is the backside of the postcard that gives information on Wilson Bentley.
 
God took so much intricate detail into making you.
We will live forever.
But we so easily forget.
We think that God doesn't always care about us or some little detail that is important to us.
Matthew 6:28-30 says,
 
28 “So why do you worry about clothing? Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow: they neither toil nor spin; 29 and yet I say to you that even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these. 30 Now if God so clothes the grass of the field, which today is, and tomorrow is thrown into the oven, will He not much more clothe you, O you of little faith?
 
The next time you see a snowflake, think about the beauty of God's creation.
Think about how beautiful you are to Him.
You were designed by the Creator.
Every little detail.
You are perfect.
 
You were designed by God. 
God knows you and He loves you.
 
Here is a beautiful song by Steffany Frizzell Gretzinger of Bethel music called "You Know Me"
 
 
Linked with these blogs:
Blessings,


2 comments :

  1. I'm visiting from Inspire Me Monday and how PERFECT this is for me today! First, I live in the South with no snow and secondly, shew, I just needed permission to be an original today! Thank you for this and I LOVE all the pictures!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Bethany, sorry for the late response. Yes you are an original. You are beautiful the way you are!! Never forget that. Blessings, Diane

      Delete

I so appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment. I am blessed by each one. Diane