...all things pertaining to the warmth and coziness of home

Monday 21 October 2013

Homemade Pumpernickel

I thought I would share a recipe for pumpernickel.
I'm not sure where my Mom got this recipe from, but the Dutch do love their pumpernickel.

1 1/2 cups Red River Cereal (or 12 Grain Cereal)
1 cup bran
1 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 cup ground flax (optional)
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 cup molasses
2 cups water ( I use filtered water)
Mix together
Grease and flour a 9x5 loaf pan.
Bake at 350 degrees for 55-60 minutes.
Serve warm or cold with your favourite topping. I like it with peanut butter or cheese.
Great for a snack or light lunch.
Enjoy!
 
Blessings, Diane
 
 
 


1 comment :

  1. How about for breakfast, I'm hungry and this looks so good. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment. I am blessed by each one. Diane